CONDITIONS FOR NON-FERROUS METAL SCRAP
1. Food grade aluminium.
- Completely pure food grade aluminium without casting handles, without ferrous metals or other impurities, without processing is ready for implementation.
- Food aluminium (dirty) – dirty food aluminium with undivided casting handles, iron impurities, rims, a metal for which additional work must be performed to clean the metal from iron parts and separate parts of non-food aluminium.
- Aluminium-copper radiators – radiators that were mainly used in cooling systems with copper tubes and aluminium plates.
2. Aluminium body, cast – (engine blocks, heads, etc.).
- Cast aluminium containing up to 3% of iron impurities does not require additional processing and other preparatory work – motor blocks, heads of iron screws cut off to the body, should not be completely without iron parts.
- Dirty cast aluminium containing more than 3% of iron impurities, metal that requires additional work to clean aluminium from iron parts, requires additional processing and other preparatory work is accepted as aluminium with iron admixture (Al%).
3. Aluminium plates (rolling).
- Aluminium plates (rolling), completely cleaned material from other impurities of iron or other non-metallic parts, no additional processing and other preparatory work is required. In dimensions no more than 1.5×1.5 m. Can be covered with paint.
- Dirty aluminium plates (rolling), a material that contains impurities of other metal or non-metallic parts, a metal that requires additional work to clean aluminium from iron or from other non-metallic parts, which exceeds the dimensions of 1.5 x 1.5 m, is covered with a thick layer of chemicals, such as bitumen.
4. Aluminium radiators.
- Aluminium radiators from car cooling systems and other devices. Can not contain iron and other non-metallic substances more than 3%.
- Untreated aluminium radiators from car cooling systems and other devices that contain iron or other non-metallic impurities, reinforcers, etc.
5. Aluminium beverage cans, aluminium trifles.
- Aluminium beverage cans are clean aluminium cans without metal contamination. Aluminium trifles are small pieces of scrap aluminium with a size of less than 5x5x5 cm.
6. Aluminium with iron admixture up to 40% (Al%), aluminium shavings.
- Aluminium with an admixture of iron up to 40% is most often aluminium drums, potato baskets, motor blocks, heads with iron parts, etc.
- Aluminium shavings are pure aluminium shavings without metal contamination.
7. KrFe aluminium, aluminium foil.
- KrFe aluminium is an aluminium scrap where the percentage of iron and other impurities is more than 40%, the metal must be cleaned of iron and other impurities. The cleaning process is more complex and difficult than for cleaning other scrap metal, that is, you need to use not only a hammer and cutter, but also tools, special keys. For example, such scrap is gearboxes, oil pumps.
- Aluminium foil is pure aluminium foil without color, impurities of bitumen or other non-metallic parts.
8. Copper, vitriol.
- Completely pure copper scrap without ferrous metals or other impurities, without processing is ready for implementation.
- Dirty copper scrap with undivided contamination of other metals or non-metallic parts, such scrap that requires additional work to clean the metal from contamination. Basically, this copper scrap is not stripped of insulation or partially stripped of cable and winding insulation, which requires additional processing, firing and cleaning.
9. Brass, bronze.
- Completely pure brass (bronze) scrap without ferrous metals or other impurities, without processing is ready for implementation.
- Dirty brass (bronze) scrap with undivided contamination of other metals or non-metallic parts, additional work is required to clean the metal from contamination. Basically, this copper scrap is not stripped of insulation or partially stripped of cable and winding insulation, additional processing, firing, and cleaning is required.
- Brass cartridges, ammunition cartridges-the percentage of contamination is calculated from the weight, which is determined when assessing the degree of purity and quality of scrap metal-5-10%, before acceptance, you must make sure that the cartridges are empty.
10. Copper and bronze shavings.
- Pure copper or bronze shavings without metal shavings.
11. Stainless steel.
- Completely pure stainless steel scrap without any ferrous metal or other impurities, without processing is ready for implementation.
- Dirty stainless steel scrap with undivided contamination of other metal or non-metal parts, such scrap that requires additional cleaning of the metal from contamination.
12. Radiators for cars made of copper and brass.
- Pure – without iron brackets, fasteners and other impurities.
- Dirty – with iron brackets, fasteners, and other impurities.
- Completely pure magnesium scrap without ferrous metals or other impurities, without processing is ready for implementation.
- Dirty magnesium scrap with undivided contamination of other metals or non-metallic parts, such scrap that must undergo additional work to clean the metal from contamination.
14. ZAMAK – zinc, aluminium, magnesium alloy.
- ZAMAK scrap (car carburetors, furniture accessories – door handles, decorative elements, car grilles, car handles, hanging keys, Soviet-era skandas, motorcycle brake discs) is a purified, destroyed material, if possible unscrewed or otherwise separated from all iron screws and other metal or other non-metallic impurities, a material containing up to 5% of impurities that does not require cleaning and is ready for further implementation without processing.
- ZAMAK scrap – This is a material that is only partially cleaned and destroyed. Partially separated iron screws and other metal impurities or impurities of other non-metallic materials, material containing impurities of metal or non-metallic parts-bolts, rods and others that are not related to the unit of this material, separated, cut off. Bolts and other impurities associated with the surface of the material remain undivided.
- Dirty ZAMAK scrap with undivided contamination of other metals or non-metallic parts is not separated not only from these screws or other impurities that are associated with the surface of the material, but also all external impurities, extensions, controls, etc.do not separate such scrap, for which additional work must be done to clean the material from impurities.
- Pure lead is is free of iron or other non-metallic parts.
- Dirty lead is most often dirty lead cable clippings, the remains of car tires.
- Tin, both in sheets and in wires with soldering auxiliaries (California, etc.) filled or not.
17. Automobile catalyst.
- Clean, body-free catalysts for European cars.
18. Electric motors-with copper winding – electric motors in which the aluminium winding is accepted as non-ferrous metal scrap of the KRFE category.
CONDITIONS FOR FERROUS SCRAP
1. Scrap metal can be delivered open, cut into pieces of a certain size, cut in packages or as metal structures. Scrap metal according to its size, chemical composition, type of origin and performed primary processing is divided into groups and in more detail by category. Each category is assigned its own letter and number designation, which is used in admission documents, specifications, and mutual correspondence. Scrap metal of different categories has different prices, acceptance conditions and use possibilities.
2. If such harmless impurities as sand, stones, timber, earth, snow, etc. are found in scrap metal, which do not significantly affect the quality of the remelted metal, then such impurities are classified as garbage.
3. Scrap metal must be prepared in such a way that it can be safely reloaded, processed and transported without approval of additional permits.
4. Vessels of all types and sizes (cylinders of all types, including fire extinguishers; barrels, etc.) and all empty objects inside (cylinders, reducers, shock absorbers, etc.) must be cut in half and cleared of their contents, and in winter – of ice and snow, and their internal surfaces must be accessible for inspection.
5. All closed containers and vessels, containers of machine components (engines, gearboxes, gearboxes, etc.) must be free of technical solutions, fuels and lubricants, and must also be visible.
- Scrap metal must not contain asbestos or any other chemicals classified as hazardous waste.
- The metal cannot be completely rusty.
- Scrap metal cannot contain radioactive, flammable or explosive items.
- Scrap metal should not contain impurities of non-metallic materials-plastic, rubber, fiberglass, etc.
- Pressurized, closed, or insufficiently open closed items that may cause an explosion.
- Containers may be considered insufficiently open if the opening area is not visible or less than 10 cm in any direction or dimension.
- Hazardous materials, flammable or explosive substances, fire extinguishers (whole), ammunition, earth or a source of contamination that can create liquids that are harmful to health or the environment, as well as to the steel production process